Maricopa Medical Center
Internal Transport Services
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $11.00 - $16.80
Under the direction of the Manager Volunteer & Internal Transport, this position will perform work of transporting patients, equipment, laboratory specimens, deceased patients, blood and plasma within the hospital and CHC buildings. This position enhances the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to their job.
A High school diploma or GED certificate is preferred. Prefer six (6) months experience. Heart Saver certification issued by the American Heart Association is required and must be obtained within 60 days of hire. Requires the ability to maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following established standards and procedures and comply with federal and state legal regulations and DNV requirements. Requires the ability and strength to move patients and equipment throughout a hospital and spend most of the day on their feet. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation. Requires the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards. Prefer knowledge of Job-Tracking, Epic and Ascom phone systems. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bi-lingual preferred.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year