Telecommunications Tech III
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $23.79 - $38.06
Under the general direction and supervision of the IT Service Delivery Manager, this position is responsible to maintain and support the MIHS telecommunications network, ensuring that customer needs and production schedules are met with optimal up-time. This position will oversee the support of all existing telecommunications systems as well as take a lead role to assist the Telecommunications engineering team through planning, implementation, and support for future VoIP telecommunications improvements. At times, the position may be asked to provide general network support and build-outs including security, routing, switching, wireless, and other network related duties. The position will be responsible to correspond with vendors to troubleshoot connectivity issues; work with on-site telecommunications vendors on issues and customer needs, as well as advancing knowledge on the support of new systems.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED.
- An Associate's degree or higher, in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- Must have a minimum two (2) years' experience providing telecommunications hardware and software support; OR an Associate's degree or higher in an IT related field plus one (1) year of telecommunications hardware and software support experience.
- Support experience should include knowledge of most, if not all of the following: Avaya media servers and adjuncts, AVST voice mail system, call accounting, call recording, call centers and ACD design, voice circuitry, VOIP, ASCOM and Nurse Call systems and Desktop operating systems.
- Installation/Maintenance/Administration of Avaya, AVST voicemail, VoIP, and ACD systems.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona Driver's License.
- ITIL Foundations, VoIP/Cisco/Avaya systems certifications preferred.
- Certification in additional systems or technologies may be required as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform root cause analysis of user incidents with Telecommunications Systems, hardware and software applications.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the voice infrastructure with expert level testing and trouble-shooting skills on phone systems and voice circuits, and experience with VoIP and TDM telecommunication technologies.
- Requires knowledge and hands on experience with IP telephony and knowledge of how they interface with data networks; Wide Area & Local Area Networks; PBX and voice mail systems hardware and software with specific programming experience with the Avaya PBX, CMS, including VoIP stations, trunks, uniform dial plan, and routing in an intricate network.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to professionally handle multiple user requests with different priorities and deadlines.
- Requires familiarity of ITSM processes and best practices.
- Must be able to follow procedures for tracking, resolving and reporting problems through automated tracking system.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
- Must use common courtesies when interacting with others; and treat all customers with the utmost respect and has empathy when dealing with difficult customers.
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, capable of training users, making presentations and able to write system and user documentation.
- Must be willing to participate in a 7x24 on-call rotation performing weekend and after-hours support.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year