Surgical Tech I
Regular - Full Time 36 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $17.75 - $28.40
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, this position plans for and scrubs diverse surgical operations; anticipates needs of surgeons; assembles specialized OR equipment i.e. surgical drills; maintains an aseptic environment; and provides for patient safety. Cares for the instruments/equipment used. Operates simple and complex surgical equipment. Monitors sterilizers and sterilization processes. Participates as a team member during surgical operations and in accomplishing all the support work of the department.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED; and must have graduated from a vocational program for Surgical Technicians or Technologist. Three (3) years of on the job training experience may be accepted in lieu of completion of a vocational program. Prefer three to five (3-5) years experience with diverse surgical specialties. Basic Cardiac Life Support certification is required. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Requires specialized knowledge and skills of OR practices. Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships. Must be able to respond quickly and must be familiar with operating procedures in order to have instruments ready for surgeons without having to be told.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year