Under the direction of the Manager and Supervisor Central Sterile, this Supply Coordinator takes inventory, dispenses, orders and maintains par levels of surgical supplies and implants. This position performs data entry and maintains the instrument tracking system including reports. Works independently but cohesively with the Central Sterile Supervisor, operating room team, materials management, vendors and healthcare professionals on staff at MIHS and other facilities.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a Central Sterile Technician program is preferred.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience in patient care supply receiving, storing, distributing and record keeping or related activities to acquire sufficient knowledge of surgical instruments, surgical procedures, medical terminology, decontamination, sterilization and infection control.
- Prefer two (2) years' experience as a Central Sterile Tech.
- CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician) certification is required within 12 months of employment in the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail).
- Must have knowledge of patient care equipment, central sterile reprocessing, surgical instruments and sterilization process.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory and infection control policies.
- Requires the understanding of protocols for purchasing supplies and implants, and sense of urgency for 'just in time ordering.'
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year