Supervisor Pharmacy Deptartment
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $57.26 - $91.61
Under the direction of Assistant Director of Pharmacy, the Supervisor Clinical Pharmacist will oversee the activities of the clinical pharmacist and pharmacy technicians. This position will adhere to local, state, and federal laws defined by the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy. The Supervisor will be the first line of management for handling and dealing with operational issues and act as a liaison between Pharmacy and other departments within MIHS and outside vendors when appropriate. This position provides quality patient care through medication management, healthcare collaboration and professional judgement.
- Requires a bachelor’s or PharmD degree in pharmacy.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of hospital related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer prior direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Requires current pharmacy licensure in good standing with the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have knowledge of computer software; particularly pharmacy system software, Microsoft applications, and Pyxis.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year