Supervisor Medical Imaging_MRI
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $33.47 - $53.56
Under the supervision of the Manager of Medical Imaging, the Supervisor of Medical Imaging MRI will be expected to provide the highest quality MRI imaging care to your patients and referring services. This position will mentor the technical and support staff assigned to the MRI departments. Assists medical imaging management in the daily operations of the departments by working closely with patients, medical staff and other internal teams. Performs patient care.
- Requires Associates degree in Radiology or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree.
- Requires at least three (3) year’s technical medical imaging experience in Hospital MRI.
- Prior supervisory or lead experience is strongly preferred.
- Level 1 and 2 Training for MRI Safety.
- Requires (MR) certification from either the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or ARMRIT (American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists).
- Requires BLS through an approved American Heart Association (AHA). A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- MRSO (Magnetic Resonance Safety Officer) Certification within 1 year of hire.
- Prefer Radiography (LRT) by the AZDHS (Arizona Department of Health Services).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Proficient in computer systems, knowledge of medical imaging information systems including PACS.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year