Supervisor Clinical Documentation Improvement
Under the direction of the Director/ Manager of Health Information Management, the CDI Supervisor oversees day-to-day operations of the Clinical Documentation Program. The responsibility of the CDI Supervisor encompasses the CDI Program operations and outcomes, and ensures practices are followed throughout the entire MIHS system. The CDI Supervisor will support all department efforts. Duties include data collection, analysis and reporting to ensure ongoing compliance with all CDI practices. In addition, the supervisor will be responsible to act as a liaison with external parties on matters related to CDI.
- Requires an Associate's Degree in Nursing or Health Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Health Information Administration or related field is preferred.
- Requires at least three (3) years of clinical documentation related experience that demonstrates a solid understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prefer prior supervisory experience.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of MIDAS, Epic EMR system and CDI chart review requirements, and other data base software.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN or LPN license or valid compact RN or LPN licensure for current state of practice; OR must possess CCDS, CDIP, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CIC, COC.
- CCDS or CDIP must be obtained within thirty (30) months of hire if not already attained.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of clinical documentation guidelines and compliance standards.
- Requires intermediate computer skills including typing skills and use of Microsoft applications.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year