Under the general guidance of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer, this position is responsible for the oversight, management and performance of hospital departments; serves as an institutional leader in hospital committees; and participates in, and leads as appropriate, organizational initiatives and special projects. This position is accountable for planning, organizing, and directing both the Human Resources Department and Employee Health & Wellness.
Education or equivalency:
· Requires a Master's degree in Human Resources, Health Services administration, Business Administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
· Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible Human Resources leadership experience preferably in a large, complex health care organization that demonstrates a deep understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Experience must include demonstrated healthcare Human Resources leadership ability including management of staff, budgets and multiple functional areas.
· Professional certification in Human Resources and/or Healthcare Leadership is highly desirable.
· Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Requires the ability to demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment and achieve results; and demonstrate success in building collaborative, high performing teams characterized by hands-on, results orientation aligned with strategic plans and goals.
· Requires excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Requires ability to effectively interact with senior management and board members and operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
· Must be an entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
· Must demonstrate the ability to manage and lead large organizations through periods of rapid and numerous changes.
· Requires strong supervisory, management skills, budgetary planning and administrative skills.
· Must be knowledgeable in human resources administration principles.
· Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to implement the strategic plan with focus on customer service, financial management, internal processes and people needs.
· Must have demonstrated success in guiding hospital operations.
· Must be able to build solid relationships with physicians, clinicians, staff and community.
· Must be familiar with all related healthcare concepts, practices, policies and procedures.
· Must be knowledgeable of DNV, HIPAA, AAAHC and other healthcare governing bodies.
· Also, requires a solid understanding of legal terminology, contracts, liability, and judicial & regulatory agency processes.
· Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.