Social Worker MSW (Pool)- Behavioral Health
Under the direction of the Psychiatric Social Work Manager and within an interdisciplinary team, the Psychiatric Social Worker performs professional social work service, Admissions coordination or utilization review for psychiatric adult and geriatric inpatients. The Psychiatric Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharge planning, psychotherapy with patients/families, utilization review, admissions coordination and coordinates all aspects of the court ordered evaluation process.
Requires a Masters of Social Work. Prior experience working with mental health is preferred. Prefer LMSW or LCSW licensure through the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners. Must be a self-starter and able to work on own, as well as work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with adults, families and children. Requires excellent knowledge of community resources and knowledge of the DSM IV. Must have awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity. Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed. Time management, flexibility, and positive customer service orientation necessary. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year