Under the direction of the Security Manager, this position patrols the facilities and grounds effectively ensuring the safety of staff, visitors, and patients. Investigates losses, vandalism, assaults, and other criminal activity; and responds to emergency situations. Qualifications:
Under the direction of the Security Manager, this position patrols the facilities and grounds effectively ensuring the safety of staff, visitors, and patients. Investigates losses, vandalism, assaults, and other criminal activity; and responds to emergency situations.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED certificate. Prefer an Associates or Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or Communication. Requires one (1) year of experience in a field related to law enforcement, or security that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in a healthcare setting. Must successfully complete and pass the firearms training course within six (6) months of employment and annually thereafter. Must complete Defensive Tactics training within six (6) months of employment. Taser training is preferred. Requires NCI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) certification through CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) within six (6) months of employment. Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing. Requires a working knowledge of Arizona State Laws/City Ordinances, Public Relations and Investigative techniques. Must have ability to write, legible, concise, comprehensive security reports using correct grammar and spelling. Requires skill to exercise tact, understanding, self-restraint, judgment, and confidentiality in dealing with people. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year