RN-Patient Relations/Service Excellence Coordinator
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $30.36 - $48.58
Under the general direction of the Director Professional Practice & Service Excellence, the Service Excellence Coordinator proactively engages with patients to identify and resolve potential issues before they become complaints. This position role models service standards and service recovery, mentors and supports staff and department leaders to address concerns and complaints at the point of service. Manages complaints and grievances promptly, collaborating with department managers and directors, staff and providers to prevent complaints from escalating to a grievance. Assures reports are filed and follow up with patient completed within defined timelines. Supports Patient Rights and Responsibilities. Demonstrates creative problem solving with a focus on service excellence, teamwork and collaboration.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible nursing experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have prior experience working in a hospital setting.
- Prefer experience in service excellence role and/or leadership position in healthcare.
- Midas reporting system.
- Requires a current, valid AZ RN license that is in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent communication skills (oral, written, and electronic).
- Requires strong listening skills in an objective manner reflecting the patient’s perspective.
- Must have skill in interviewing and collecting pertinent data.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills/interpersonal interactions and have the ability to handle difficult and angry people constructively.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Requires strong prioritization skills and effective reporting (written and verbal) skills.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year