Registration Specialist Hospital Financial Clearance
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $12.61 - $20.18
Under the direction of the ED Registration Manager, this position pre-registers and financially clears patients while ensuring accurate and timely processing of all accounts. Coordinates and performs overall administrative support for various hospital service lines relating to financial clearance activities. The position serves as the pre-service point of contact for patients to obtain all necessary information to pre-register and financially clear patients prior to the day of service. The Registration Specialist effectively works authorization coordination, pre-service collections, and unbilled account follow-up for efficient revenue flow and payment. This position directly impacts the patient experience by demonstrating reimbursement knowledge and the organization’s service offerings.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Associates degree or equivalent education/experience preferred.
- Must have at least one (1) year of interviewing/investigative experience in obtaining confidential information.
- Prior insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility experience is highly desirable.
- Prefer expeience in a hospital setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires basic math, data entry, 10-key, and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigation techniques.
- Requires creativity, initiative, independent thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge of Arizona Medicaid Program.
- Knowledge of patient access functions in acute and non-acute settings.
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
- General knowledge and understanding of insurance terminology.
- Must demonstrated ability to work in multiple computer systems, such as patient registration/accounting systems, document imaging, scanning, payment posting, proprietary payer websites and data quality monitoring, both accurately and efficiently.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and compassion with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of the organization.
- Accuracy and attentiveness to detail required.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to change.
- Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks in an environment that may be stressful.
- Ability to exceed targeted customer service, productivity and quality standards.
- Requires the ability to work with confidential information.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year