Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Maricopa Medical Center
Regular - Full Time 36 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $21.58 - $34.53
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Services Medical Director and Department Director and/or Manager, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures. Must have a wide range of knowledge and skills in order to set-up up, operate, and administer all types of respiratory care procedures in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and illness, and includes extensive competency in the use of advanced mechanical ventilation techniques.
Requires a graduate of a two (2) year A.M.A. approved Respiratory Therapy Program. Prefer Six (6) months recent work experience. Must be registered (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and licensed (or temporary license) by the Arizona Board of Respiratory Care Examiners. Requires BLS or ACLS. A card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. Prefer certification in PALS and NALS. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Knowledge of additional languages is preferred. Must have basic computer knowledge. Must have ability to plan, modify and coordinate respiratory care and treatments. Must be able to administer therapeutic agents and treatments, observe patients and determine effects of treatments, and instruct patients and families in home care.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year