This position is based at our new MIHS Maryvale Campus, located at 5102 W Campbell Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85031. Interviews will commence in early January 2019 and offers will be made post interview. The facility will be opening in early April, and we anticipate successful candidates will commence in their new roles mid-March.
Interviews will commence in early January 2019 and offers will be made post interview.
The facility will be opening in early April, and we anticipate successful candidates will commence in their new roles mid-March.
Under the supervision of the Cash Posting Supervisor this position will identify potential self-pay or insurance refunds in the patient accounting system and review refund requests for accuracy in the Patient Accounting System.
High School diploma or GED required. Must have minimum of three (3) years of medical billing or insurance follow-up related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in a hospital setting. Must have thorough knowledge of Managed Care contracts, AHCCCS fee schedules, commercial and government billing regulations. Experience working in Epic is a plus. Must be knowledgeable in coordination of benefits and rules governing primary payers. Needs organizational time management and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and have the ability to work in various software applications simultaneously. Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English. Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year