Recreation Therapy Assistant
Under the direct supervision of Manager Recreation Therapy this position participates in completing recreation therapy intake assessments and documentation, developing and implementing therapeutic groups, maintaining weekly documentation, planning programs and special events, actively participating in department staff meetings, and coordinating agency wide events.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Psychology, or a related field from an accredited college or university; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible recreation assisting activities for physically, mentally or socially disabled patients in a psychiatric setting experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience as a Recreation Therapy Assistant or Behavioral Health Tech. Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. Must possess a general knowledge of medical diagnoses and appropriate interventions. Must have strong teamwork, communication and effective time management skills. Requires the ability to be creative and flexible with groups. Must have excellent documentation skills. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year