Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Therapy Manager, the Recreation Therapist completes recreation therapy intake assessments and documentation, developing and implementing therapeutic groups, maintaining weekly documentation, planning programs and special events, actively participating in department staff meetings and coordinating agency wide events.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field. Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible experience assisting with recreation activities for physically, mentally or socially disabled patients in a psychiatric setting that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer prior experience as a Recreation Therapy Assistant. Requires certification as a Recreational Therapist (CTRS) by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation (NCTRC). Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. Must possess a general knowledge of medical diagnoses and appropriate interventions. Must have strong teamwork, communication and effective time management skills. Requires the ability to be creative and flexible with groups. Must have excellent documentation skills. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year