Radiologic Technologist (Pool)
Under the direction of a radiologist or manager, performs radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Performs data entry operations using appropriate hospital software package. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis. Must possess, utilize and maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety. Capture images, obtain the quality image and ensures the patient is safe and comfortable.
Requires an Associate's Degree in Radiography and/or completed certificate program in Radiography. Prefer six to twelve (6-12) months radiology experience unless they have completed their clinical experience here at MIHS. Requires R.T.(R) certification with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or equivalent. Must be licensed by the Medical Radiography Board of Examiners (MRTBE). Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year