Pharmacy Technician I (Pool)_Outpatient
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor, the level one technician routinely assists the pharmacist in the preparation, filling, and delivery of medications. They serve as a liaison to assist in the appropriate and timely delivery of information and pharmaceutical products to the customer. May perform duties such as typing prescriptions, completing reports, operating and maintaining automated dispensing devices, inputting computer data, and providing all aspects of customer service that are required to provide Pharmacy Department services.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED. Completion of accredited pharmacy technician program is preferred but not required. Prefer one (1) year of pharmacy experience in a retail or hospital environment. Must possess CPhT Certification issued by PTCB and be licensed by the AZ State Board of Pharmacy. Requires knowledge of mathematical calculations and medication terminology. Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly pharmacy system software, such as Pyxis. Training in compounding intravenous medication and sterile products preparation is preferred. Must have effective written and verbal communication, and organizational and problem solving skills. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year