Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Work Hours: 40
Under the direction of the Director of Decision Support, the Operations Analyst is responsible for coordinating the collection of relevant data to support the financial and operational plans to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives. This position provides analytical support for both financial and operational goals, which includes implementing and interpreting operational reports in an accurate and timely manner. This position will support management and leadership in the adoption of new processes that are both financial and operational in nature to increase efficiency and compliance while maximizing the highest level of quality.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Prefer an MBA or master's degree.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' of progressively responsible data analytics, data validation and healthcare experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience must include working in a healthcare setting.
- Prefer KRONOS analytics and ActionOI experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires an understanding of Kronos systems such as workforce analytics and optimization.
- Must have a strong knowledge of excel, data sources, and data structure within MIHS; an ability to analyze data and calculations to determine if reports are accurate; and the capacity to anticipate and meet required deadlines mandated by internal and external agencies (benchmarking).
- Must have basic knowledge of accounting principles, and have strong financial and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and with database queries/management and report writing including Microsoft Access, Business Objects Planning, and hospital accounting systems.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13104