Living our values
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Pool)
|Req #: ||23203 |
|Department: ||Neonate Nursing |
|Facility Name: ||Maricopa Medical Center |
|City: ||Phoenix |
|Schedule: ||Per Diem - Part Time 8 Hours Per Week |
|Shift: ||Varied |
|Salary: ||Pool Rate (39P) - $62.00 |
|Hours: || |
|Job Details: || |
Under the general direction of an attending Neonatologist, examines, diagnoses, and treats sick newborns to save lives and/or improve the quality of newborn lives.
Experience as Level III NNP is preferred. Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Must have Arizona Certificate of Extended Nursing Practice. Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. NRP certification is required. A Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) issued dispensing license is required. National NNP Certification is preferred. Must have knowledge of prescribing and dispensing medications, Neonatal resuscitation, intubation, lumbar puncture, and umbilical catheterization. Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people. Must have excellent communication, time management, and customer service skills. Computer knowledge with DOS and Windows based systems is a plus. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is a plus.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing. Employees with a last hire date prior to October 9, 2016 have until December 31, 2019 to obtain a BSN or higher nursing degree.
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education. We are:
Come live these values and enjoy:
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year
MIHS is an equal opportunity employer.