Medical Assistant Certified (Pool)
Under the direction of the FHC/CHC Manager or designee, this position provides professional skilled age specific care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. This position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Performs patient care, secretarial and technical related services for the neonate thru geriatric patient population in both the back and front office.
Requires a High school diploma or GED certificate. Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or MIHS approved course. Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant related experience, preferably in clinic setting. Requires certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA). Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred. Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people. Requires excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year