Manager Central Sterile
Under the general direction of the Director Nursing for Perioperative Services, this position will work independently to ensure the processing of instruments and equipment for MIHS. Will also be responsible for training and monitoring the Central Sterile and Clinical Equipment Services staff as well as maintain a positive communication with all staff on daily basis and assess their work quality to help them achieve success.
Requires an Associates or Bachelors degree in a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Must have a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of Central Processing experience with progressively responsible experience. Must have at least one (1) year of supervisory experience is required. Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) is required. Certification Healthcare Leadership (CHL), Certification in Healthcare Material Management Concepts (CHMMC), Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) are preferred. Must have knowledge of Regulatory and Infection Control policies. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions promptly and accurately. Requires the ability to work effectively without close supervision. Requires excellent customer service skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards. Must be dedicated to maximum safety for patients, visitors and employees of the facility. Must have strong computer skills. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year