Under the direction of the Manager Supply & Logistics, this position receives, stores, and distributes medical supplies, equipment, lab specimen, linen and mail to customers in a timely and accurate manner. The Logistics Specialist is in charge of inventory control and regular, proficient workplace and vehicle housekeeping. This position works closely with various levels of the organization to ensure warehouse/distribution related customer service levels meet or exceeds customer expectations.
Requries a High School Diploma or GED. Requires at least one (1) year of experience in a warehouse and distribution environment that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience working in a hospital setting with exposure to JCAHO or DNV requirements. Must have and maintian a Valid Arizona Class "D" Driver's License. Forklift certification preferred or capable of being trained on operating forklift. Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and efficiently following a route to ensure timely delivery. Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to work with others and adhere to set schedules and follow designated routes. Must have the ability to use computers, hand held devices and read maps and locate addresses. Some computer skills required (basic Microsoft Word and Excel). This position requires a knowledge of associated tasks relating to general warehousing duties (receiving, storage, distribution), safe lifting and driving habits, as well as mail receipt, sorting, metering and delivery. Knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA rules and regulations. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year