LMSW Psychiatric Liaison
Psych - Care Management
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Work Hours: 40
Under the direction of the Manager Psych Care Management and within an interdisciplinary team, the LMSW Psychiatric Liaison performs professional social work service for psychiatric adult, adolescent and geriatric patients. This position provides psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharge planning, psychotherapy, and utilization review. This position coordinates all aspects of the court ordered process including interviewing and substituting witnesses and serving as a liaison with the mental health court.
- Requires a Master's in Social Work.
- Requires recent experience working with seriously mentally ill or in a mental health setting.
- Must have and maintain licensure by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as either a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of community resources and knowledge of DSM-V.
- Must have awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, as well as work effectively with a multidisciplinary team with adults, families and children.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Time management, flexibility and positive customer service orientation is necessary.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year