Under the general direction of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position provides clinical support and diagnostic direction to physicians and other health care workers by performing average to moderately complex histologic testing on neonate to geriatric patients.
Qualifications:Requires a High school diploma or GED certificate and successful completion of an accredited histology training program; or completion of a hospital-based training program; or two (2) year internship or on the job training sufficient to ensure the ability to perform all tasks required. Prefer prior clinical laboratory experience, preferably in a hospital setting. Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or certification eligible is preferred but not required. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills. Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment. Analytical skills are strongly preferred.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year