Health Educator Pool
This position is for a Diabetic Educator.
Under the direction of the Director Professional Practice & Service Excellence, this position will act as a liaison to ensure adequate communication between physicians, patients, family/support persons, case managers and outpatient diabetes educational services.
The Health Educator will work in collaboration with the Diabetes Educator and communicate closely with outpatient diabetes educators to promote continuum of diabetes education from inpatient to outpatient services. The educator serves as a resource to patients, staff and the community in diabetes related topics.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a Nursing, Health Education, Nutrition or related clinical field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years' experience in health and wellness or related field; including prior experience as a Diabetes Educator.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice; or Registered Dietitian (RD) certification/licensure.
- Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing or issuing authority for Registered Dietitian certification.
- Requires CDE (Certified Diabetic Educator) certification.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year