Department Administrative Assistant
Under the general supervision of the Controller, performs varied clerical and administrative work requiring initiative and independent judgment. Incumbents work independently under general direction. Duties include but are not limited to answering phones and directing calls, opening and distributing mail, gathering information and preparing reports, maintaining files, analyzes computer reports and performs staff support functions in order to maximize efficiency of the department(s) management and professional staff.
Requires a High school diploma or GED. An Associate's degree in Business related courses is preferred. Requires at least one (1) year of Administrative Assistant related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess extensive computer skills and be proficient with MS Office suite such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Visio and Access. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation. Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards. Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year