Decision Support Analyst
Under the direction of the Director of Grants and the Manager Research and Grant Compliance, this position works closely with the Finance department and provides data and financial support for Research, Research Grants and Grant awards, as well as all regulatory and compliance reports and other reporting for the Research and Grant Departments that MIHS must complete on a periodic basis.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Requires two (2) years of data and financial management (eg accounting, general ledger, and financial analyst) experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer health care accounting systems experience. Specialized training in Clinical Trial Billing and Research Compliance. Prefer certification in Epic - Research Build - Billing Tools. Requires a strong knowledge of excel, data sources, and data structures; a good understanding of accounting principles; an ability to analyze data and calculations to determine if reports are accurate; and the capacity to anticipate and meet required deadlines mandated by external agencies. Must have knowledge of accounting principles (both in accrual and cash basis), and have strong financial and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and databases (including Microsoft Access, Business Objects Planning, and hospital accounting systems) and Epic-Research analytical tools; must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires good communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year