Community Health Advisor
Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Grant - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $18.64 - $29.82
Under the general direction of the assigned Grants Management Staff, this position serves as a liaison/link/intermediary between health/social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery. Activities include but are not limited to: educating individuals and communities about how to use health and social service systems, conducting health promotion and disease prevention education, making referrals and providing follow-up prevention education. This position also facilitates transportation to services and helps address other barriers to services.
- Requires a High school diploma or GED certificate.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible outreach, education, advocacy, and/or community relations related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Previous healthcare experience is preferred.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills. Requires the ability to have a reliable form of transportation to travel throughout the community.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate care (including identifying and accessing resources and overcoming barriers.
- Ability to make appropriate referrals.
- Ability to coordinate activities with clinical and other community services.
- Ability to follow-up and track care and referral outcomes.
- Ability to balance priorities and to manage time.
- Ability to apply critical thinking techniques and problem solving.
- Ability to use pertinent technology.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year
Pay: $18.64 to $29.82/hour
$18.64 - $29.82
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19883