Under the direction of the Call Center Supervisor, the Communications Operator performs extensive customer contact by providing timely, courteous telecommunications service for all components of MIHS and is responsive to all callers by soliciting sufficient information to identify the nature and urgency of the call in order to refer and/or respond appropriately. The Communications Operator performs multiple telephone functions, maintains call schedules, has access to sensitive information, uses specialized equipment and/or systems and frequently needs to work independently in the absence of direct supervision, especially during the evening and weekend shifts.
Requires a high school diploma or GED certificate. Requires prior call center, communication center or switchboard experience. Prior relevant work experience in a hospital environment and/or experience in a customer service related field is preferred. Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment. Requires the ability to work independently, efficiently and multi-task in a fast-paced, high pressured environment. Must possess good interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing, in order to communicate effectively with a wide variety of hospital personnel, patients and outside callers in gathering and exchanging approved information. Must convey a pleasant, helpful, caring attitude. Ability to exercise judgment in sensitive situations and to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual (Spanish speaking) is strongly preferred. Must have proficiency in call processing, equipment and operations.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year