Central Sterile Tech I
Under the direction of the Supervisor Central Sterile, this position decontaminates, assembles, processes, sterilizes, maintains and distributes surgical instruments, supplies and patient care equipment and documents processes.
Under the direction of the Supervisor Central Sterile, this position decontaminates, assembles, processes, sterilizes, maintains and distributes surgical instruments, supplies and patient care equipment and documents processes.Qualifications:
Requires a high school diploma or GED certificate. Graduate of a Central Sterile Technician program is preferred. Prefer a minimum of one to two (1-2) years, Central Sterile experience. Certified Central Sterile Technician preferred. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Must have a working knowledge of steam sterilizers, washer decontaminators, cart washers, and patient care equipment. Must have general Knowledge of basic surgical instruments, implants, patient related supplies, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to disassemble moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling and punctuation. Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year