Care Manager Extender Pool
This position provides clerical support to ensure patients achieve a smooth and timely transition from an acute care facility or in the outpatient setting to help prevent readmissions. This position assists with setting up outpatient services or providing resources to help the patient maintain optimal care. This position performs follow-up tasks identified during the hospital assessment for management of patients across the healthcare continuum or when the patient is in the continuum and needs additional resource support.
Requires a High school diploma or GED. Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with three (3) years' experience in healthcare as a Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Health Unit Coordinator, etc. Must successfully complete MIHS EPIC computer classes within three months of hire or transfer into the position. Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office. Bilingual is preferred. Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people. Requires excellent communication and time management skills. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year