Care Management Coordinator RN (Pool)
Under the direction of the Manager or Director of Care Management, the RN Care Management Coordinator is part of the interdisciplinary team and serves as the expert in discharge planning. This position is responsible for the assessment, identification of needs and coordination of care and services to facilitate the patient's progression through the continuum of care in a timely and cost-effective manner. The RN Care Management Coordinator assumes a leadership role, and works collaboratively with the patient, family, interdisciplinary team internally and externally to identify desired outcomes and develop a safe plan of care.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.Must have at least three (3) years of recent acute clinical hospital experience; preferably in Case Management and/or Utilization Management. Trained in Epic, InterQual, Midas and internally used software programs is strongly preferred. Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Specialty certification in utilization or case management must be obtained within 30 months of hire. Must have a working knowledge of case management, hospital, community resources and resource/utilization management. The position requires excellent communication and clinical skills and ability to maintain professional rapport with physicians. Requires extensive knowledge of evidence based clinical guidelines, best practice, workup, treatment, prognosis and hospital procedures. Critical thinking ability essential. Strong critical care skills, understanding of medical documentation and pathophysiology. Knowledge of acute care criteria sets and state and federal reimbursement programs. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year