Business Intelligence Developer II
Under the direction of the Manager of IT Applications and Reporting, this position has responsibility for the development, maintenance, integration, data governance and data reporting of MIHS's business systems. This position analyzes existing and proposed vendor supplied software functionality for conformity with clinical health system and business workflow processes. In addition, this position supports the Business Intelligence function by creating and modifying reports; troubleshooting issues; and designing, building, testing and implementing reports, reporting interfaces and solutions. Serves as a liaison to the clinical and business arenas, and provides subject matter expertise to translate data into information and actionable knowledge in the daily clinical or business applications practice. Utilizes specialized, proprietary software tool sets to enable reporting functionality; partners with project teams to achieve team goals and outcomes; provides measurable customer service, and performs duties within MIHS missions and values.
*** Highly Preferred ***
- Epic Clarity Data Models certification/proficiency
- At least 3 years Epic Crystal integration hands-on experience
- At least 3 years hands-on Crystal reports programming
- At least 3 years hands-on Epic data model report writing/programming
- Working knowledge on Epic RWB report writing/configuration
- At least 3 years MS SQL programming
- Advanced working and hands-on knowledge of SAP Business Objects report scheduling, Universes, Webi Reporting
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for required experience. Requires three (3) years of development, maintenance, integration, data governance or data reporting related experience with business systems that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience working with Crystal Reports, SQL or other reporting tools is preferred. If applicable, certification for the business, clinical, or financial IT application(s)/system(s) supporting is required and must be kept up to date. Must be skilled in Microsoft office products. Requires knowledge of analytical methods, procedures, and practices, to include software. Must possess solid analytical skills that can translate the analysis into effective troubleshooting and problem resolution, frequently exercising independent technical judgment. Requires the ability to simultaneously support multiple applications. Must be able to maintain accountability for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, database, technology or system. Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct and persuade. Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex data; and perform workflow analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality. Requires ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design. Must be able to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution. Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year