Under the supervision of the Billing Supervisor the individual is responsible for billing claims for Medical Services on the UB04 and HCFA 1500 claim forms. Reviews Electronic and paper claim data and resolves problem accounts in accordance with MIHS policies and procedures.
Under the supervision of the Billing Supervisor the individual is responsible for billing claims for Medical Services on the UB04 and HCFA 1500 claim forms. Reviews Electronic and paper claim data and resolves problem accounts in accordance with MIHS policies and procedures.Qualifications:
Requires a High school diploma or GED certificate. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of hospital medical billing or collection and experience with Epic and the Electronic Claims Billing System. Prefer a working knowledge of all managed care contract, government regulations as it relates to billing. Requires an understanding of the content of the services that the hospital provides and rules and regulations for multiple payers. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required. Must be able to manage time appropriately. Data comparison skills are necessary. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Must have knowledge of hospital billing forms and billing requirements.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year