Assistant Director Pharmacy
The Assistant Director of Pharmacy assists the Director of Pharmacy in enforcing MIHS policies and procedures for storage and preparation of pharmaceuticals. In addition, the Assistant Director of Pharmacy assists the Director of Pharmacy in ensuring that the pharmacy provides superior services, exceeds all legal, accreditation and certification requirements and follows all applicable policies, procedures, and codes of conduct of MIHS. The Assistant Director of Pharmacy functions as the Director in his/her absence.
Qualifications:Must be a graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with a Bachelor's degree in Science or related field. Residency trained and/or MBA or PharmD preferred. Must have three to five (3-5) years hospital in inpatient pharmacy with one to two (1-2) years in a management position. Must be currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Arizona. Must demonstrate management and leadership abilities. Must possess good organizational, problem solving, and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of MIHS staff, physicians, and other contacts. Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly pharmacy system software, Microsoft applications, and Pyxis. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year