Advanced Clinical Nurse Pool
Per Diem - Full Time 36 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: Pool Rate - $42.00
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), an Advanced Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to MIHS policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. In addition, an Advanced Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in professional practice through additional activities such as quality improvement and leadership.
Requires a Bachelor's or higher in Nursing. Must have at least one (1) year of recent acute care hospital RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN program at MIHS then must have at least one year of MIHS experience as a RN and be in good standing.
Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association. In addition, certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice:
· APCU/Step Down- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer
· Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
· Burn- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification required within 12 months
· Cath Lab- Must have ACLS certification at time of hire or transfer
· ED- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
· ENDO – ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire or transfer. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification preferred
· Heme/Oncology Clinic- Chemo Certification required within 6 months
· L&D- ACLS & NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer. If less than 2 years of RN L&D experience the candidate must complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within 6 months and AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within 2 years. If greater than 2 years of RN L&D experience will need to complete AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring within 1 year. Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be maintained every 2 years through an approved course.
· McDowell Clinic- HIV certification required within 6 months
· Medical Imaging- ACLS required and PALS must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer
· Medical / Surgical (4th and 6th Floors) – For the 6th Floor staff ONS (Chemotherapy Biotherapy Card) within twelve (12) months of hire or transfer.
· MICU and SICU - Must obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of hire or transfer. For SICU area ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months
· NICU- NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer
· OR- CNOR certification is preferred
· PACU- Must obtain ACLS & PALS within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months.
· Peds- PALS certification is required within 6 months; CPN certification is preferred
· Peds ED- PALS, ACLS, & ENPC must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer; and TNCC or ATCN must be obtained within 12 months; CPEN certification is preferred
· PICU - PALS certification within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC must be obtained within 12 months; PCCRN or CCRN certification is preferred
· Post Partum- NRP is required within 6 month of hire or transfer; Intermediate Fetal Monitoring is preferred.
· PreOp- ACLS or PALS required
Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must. Bilingual is preferred. Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills. Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year