Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. Additional certification or continuing education may be required upon acceptance into the position based on area(s) of practice:
· Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
· Burn- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification required within 12 months
· Cath Lab- Must have ACLS certification at time of hire or transfer
· ED- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
· ENDO - ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire or transfer. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification preferred
· Heme/Oncology Clinic: Chemo Certification required within 6 months
· L&D- ACLS & NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer. If less than 2 years of RN L&D experience the candidate must complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within 6 months and AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within 2 years. If greater than 2 years of RN L&D experience will need to complete AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring within 1 year. Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be maintained every 2 years through an approved course.
· McDowell Clinic- HIV certification required within 6 months
· Medical Imaging- ACLS required and PALS must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer
· Medical / Surgical (4th and 6th Floors) - For the 6th Floor staff ONS (Chemotherapy Biotherapy Card) within twelve (12) months of hire or transfer.
· MICU and SICU - Must obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of hire or transfer. For SICU area ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months
· NICU- NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer
· OR- CNOR certification is preferred
· PACU- Must obtain ACLS & PALS within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC must be obtained within 12 months
· Peds- PALS certification is required within 6 months ; CPN certification is preferred
· Peds ED- PALS, ACLS, & ENPC must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer; and TNCC or ATCN must be obtained within 12 months; CPEN certification is preferred
· PICU - PALS certification within 6 months; and TNCC must be obtained within 12 months; PCCRN or CCRN certification is preferred
· Post Partum- NRP is required within 6 month of hire or transfer; Intermediate Fetal Monitoring is preferred.
· PreOp- ACLS or PALS required
· Step Down- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer
Urgent Care / 7th Ave Walk-in Clinic: ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire or transfer
Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must. Bilingual is preferred. Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills. Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.