Under general direction from the Director IT Applications, this Epic Application Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs, a good understanding of Industry requirements and applicable clinical systems, including those that process confidential patient, quality improvement, and peer review data that is protected and confidential by federal and/or state law. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity, capabilities, limitations, cost-effectiveness and desired results. Provides analysis of clinical, business, and user needs, regulatory requirements, documentation requirements, and translation of those requirements into proper system requirement specifications suitable for the technical staff. This position is responsible for the design of clinical information solutions including clinical and nursing applications to enable the delivery of safe, effective, and high quality patient care. Leads information technology deployment and optimization efforts based on the organization's clinical performance improvement objectives. Provides clinical subject matter expertise to translate data into information and actionable knowledge in the daily nursing or clinical applications practice. Serves as a liaison between Patient Care and Clinical Technologies to assist in the design, development, maintenance, training and evaluation for assigned clinical and business systems to support the care of patients.
This is a banded posting that will accept a wide range of qualifying experience, from an entry level Application Coordinator to senior Registered Nurse with 5 years of Application management leading large complex projects. The qualified candidate will fit into one of three job classes (business experience, information technology experience, clinical certification experience, and registered nurse experience).
All applicants will be evaluated on:
· Education or equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
· Experience in clinical practice, leading complex, interdisciplinary projects, and Application management. Including implementing, designing, building, and supporting clinical and/or business applications in a healthcare environment utilizing current technology.
· Knowledge of the application supported with training and/or experience in specific clinical or business area.
· Abilities to provide clinical subject matter expertise to translate user requirements into actionable project tasks, duties and responsibilities and abilities to integrate technology with nursing, clinical and provider requirements. Abilities to investigate and recommend custom application requirements including screen design, report specifications, dictionary maintenance, and security requirements and completing workflow review and recommend application workflow processes based on previous experience.
· Must have proven ability to work with nursing, clinical providers, and business professionals.
· General good understanding of healthcare industry preferred.
Other general qualifications:
· Applicable certifications and licenses must be presented and maintained upon hiring.
· Certification in multiple Epic applications will substitute up to two (2) years of required experience. If certification is substituting for years of experience then must have and keep up to date certifications in two or more Epic Applications.
· Training will be available to complete and maintain application certification requirements.
· Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Must maintain a positive and open attitude to change. Must display competence in understanding phases of implementation projects and ability to translate complex user requirements into proper system requirements specifications and actionable tasks. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.