|Job Details: || |
Under the direction of the Manager Business Intelligence and Database Services, the Database Administrator II creates and supports multiple databases. Ensure databases are properly maintained and meet performance SLA metrics.
- Managing MS SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems, configuring and maintaining MS SQL database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- On-call troubleshooting experience with enterprise production MS SQL Servers
- Creating and Optimizing Database Queries, Indexes, Stored Procedures, and Views
- Deploying and upgrading complex databases, including interfacing with source control and change control to standardize and automate as possible
- Database Backup, Recovery, Replication, and Disaster Recovery
- Database Administration in SQL Server (2008 and higher)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication
- SQL Database Operational support to tech users
- Participating in developer code review and production deployments
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, extended events, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL Always On and Availability Groups features, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication. Good understanding of Recovery models, database shrink operations, and DBCC commands
- Strong Database Administration skills in SQL Server 2012 (excellent knowledge of MS SQL 2008 a prerequisite)
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for required experience. Requires three (3) years of IT database administration related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and/or procedures and concepts used in the deployment and development of database application software necessary to run the healthcare systems business, clinical or financial systems. Prefer certification(s) related to database application(s)/system(s). Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of database design principles and data administration standards, including writing basic data manipulation SQL statements. Must have knowledge of one or more DBMS systems. Must be skilled in using RDBMS tools and utilities, including replication, DDL management, and database migration. Must have good math and reasoning skills. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines while using independent judgment. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, and instruct. Requires the ability to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution. Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals. Must be able to create, expand and maintain relationships with peers and stakeholders. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.